The Staffordshire Resilience Forum (SRF) partnership consists of twenty four of Staffordshire's public sector organisations. These are the Emergency Services, all ten Local Authorities, 10 Health organisations and the Environment Agency.
The CCU is the product of innovative public sector partnership working at a local level. A small, expert unit, the CCU is funded by all partners of the SRF.
In return, the CCU supports Staffordshire's front-line public services in meeting their obligations under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
The partnership approach promotes greater economy and efficiency, achieving positive outcomes through sharing existing resources, capabilities and knowledge for the benefit of Staffordshire's communities.
The CCU sits at the heart of the SRF partnership and has four main roles:
- To write and maintain the key "Staffordshire Prepared" multi agency plans on behalf of the 21 Staffordshire Category 1 responders as defined by the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
- To provide multi-agency training and exercises for the members of the Staffordshire Resilience Forum.*
- To provide a 24-hour, 365-days a year operational call-out capability to support Category 1 responders in the discharge of their statutory duty in the event of an Emergency.
- To provide the secretariat and administrative support functions for the Staffordshire Resilience Forum and its supporting meetings.
* The CCU can provide training and exercise support, on request, to fellow LRF Partnerships on a cost-capture basis (resources permitting).
The CCU is accountable to the SRF through the CCU Strategic Leaders' Meeting (Director level representation from Category 1 responders) who represent the Unit's stakeholders.
The organisations who fund the CCU are all ten Staffordshire Local Authorities, ten Staffordshire Health organisations (University Hospital of North Midlands, Burton Hospitals Foundation Trust, North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare Trust, South Staffordshire and Shropshire Healthcare Foundation Trust, Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Partnership Trust and the Staffordshire Clinical Commisioning Groups), Staffordshire Police, Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service, West Midlands Ambulance Service and the Environment Agency.
The 13 (12.2 Full time equivalent) members of the CCU by role are as follows:
- Director of Civil Contingencies
- Principal Civil Contingencies Officer
- Seven Civil Contingencies Officers
- Part time Training Officer
- Part time Exercise Development Officer
- Business Manager
- Administrative Support Officer
The CCU: A Summary
The CCU has prepared an informative diagram to show both the public and our partners what we do.
The CCU: A Summary for the Public, often referred to as 'panpipes' because of their shape and structure, show, in the first level of detail, the main strands of the CCU's day to day and operational work.
The diagram is for Staffordshire residents to explain the partnership working in our area which goes alongside the Preparing for the Unexpected Guide.
If you would like any more information on any of the detail in the diagrams please contact the CCU on the details below.
The CCU a Summary for the Public (313 KB)