What to do in the event of a flood...
Flooding can be extremely dangerous and unpredictable so the following advice should be taken into account if your property or area is subject to flooding.
- Get yourself and your family somewhere safe
- Do not drive into flood water
- Do not approach fast flowing or deep flood water as you could be at risk of drowning and the water can be contaminated
- Turn off your electricity, gas and water supplies in affected areas
- Put any valuable possessions upstairs if it is safe to do so
- If your or your family’s lives are at risk, phone 999 immediately
- Follow the advice given from the emergency services
Staffordshire County Council Highways Team
Drain flooding on the roads:
0300 111 8000
Advice on who is responsible for what in the event of a flood.
Environment Agency Incident Number
24-hour incident number to report river flooding, of an obstruction in the river that might cause flooding, or pollution or many dead fish in a river
0800 807 060
Environment Agency Floodline
Open 24 hours in times of flood
0345 988 1188