Is your business prepared
Despite the current success of your business, disasters can happen at any time to any organisation big or small. Would your business survive?
Being more prepared can give a competitive advantage to your business. Only you can decide how much time, and money, you want to invest in increasing your resilience. The recommended actions below will help get you started.
Quick and easy preparation:
More advanced preparations:
- Complete a free Business Resilience Health Check to receive a report outlining the actions that you should address to give you a good starting poing to develop a practical and coherent business continuity plan (This can take up to 1.5 hours to complete);
- Write a Business Continuity Plan (link to BCP page) to reduce the impacts from potential emergencies and ensure all staff are aware of this plan and know their responsibilities in an emergency;
- Check how prepared your business is using the Government’s Business Continuity Management Toolkit;
- Consider communicating with local businesses about your plans and how you could support each other;
- Flooding is one of the most common and costly natural disasters, be sure to read the guidance for preparing your business for flooding and preparing your premises;