National Restrictions from 5 November to 2 December
From Thursday 5 November until Wednesday 2 December, the Government is taking the following action:
- Requiring people to stay at home, except for specific purposes
- Preventing gathering with people you do not live with, except for specific purposes
- Closing certain businesses and venues
Full details of the national restrictions in place are available on the Government website.
Local FAQs on the national restrictions have been produced by Stoke-on-Trent City Council and Staffordshire County Council:
Hands, Face, Space
To help to control the virus, you must always:
- wash hands - keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face - wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces
- make space - stay at least 2 metres apart - or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a continuous cough
- a high temperature (of 37.8 degrees Celsius or more)
- shortness of breath
- anosmia (loss of or a change in the normal sense of smell/taste)
If you think that you have symptoms of coronavirus you must self-isolate immediately.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, you should book a test and self-isolate immediately.
You can book a test here.
If you do not have access to the internet and need to book a test, you can do so by dialling 119.
Local outbreak control plans: